Thursday, March 8, 2012

Product Review: Wen Hair Products

I recently purchased 3 products from Wen through QVC.  It has taken me over a year to take the plunge and buy them.  At the time, I could never justify purchasing them because they are pricey and I couldn't even begin to wrap my head around how the heck they could do everything the QVC person said it would.

Let me begin by saying that my hair is the bane of my existence.  There was a time when I could go in weekly for a blowout and I would spend tons of money making sure I was perfectly coiffed.  Times change and now I have to do my hair myself for the most part.  What that translates to is that I don't do anything with it.  It is curly and not my friend.  I have tried EVERY single product out there and so far they have all been....meh!

I ordered the Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner, Almond Mint Styling Creme, and the Almond Mint Replenishing Treatment Mist.  I have had them now for several weeks and I LOVE them.  These products have changed my life and my outlook on my hair.  It is very different from what I was used to and the change in my hair happened after a few "washes".  My hair is soft, shiny, and manageable.  It also smells good and....wait for it....people have said that my hair is pretty!!! What?!  Yes, I now have pretty hair....thanks to Wen.

The Cleansing Conditioner is exactly what it states in the name.  It doesn't lather which took a bit of getting used to.  On days when my hair doesn't feel too dry I use one pump of it as a leave-in.  The Styling Creme is fantastic to use when I blow-dry my hair straight and the Mist is a nice pick-me-up on those curly hair days!  I usually go through a TON of shampoo and conditioner and I have found that while the Cleansing Conditioner is pricey, a little goes a long way and I don't need to use as much as it says on the bottle.

I would purchase the Cleansing Conditioner and the Styling Creme again.  I think that I can make the Treatment Mist using this tip from One Good Thing I am going to give that a go before I order another bottle.  Oh, and my OCD personality likes that all the scents are matchy!