Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday Thoughts...

Wow!  It has been a few days since I last posted and the time has gone by so quickly.  To be honest, I just haven't had the gumption to put my thoughts into writing.  My grandma was diagnosed with Ductal Carcinoma (cancer of the milk duct) and it really threw me for a loop.  It hasn't even been two years since my mom passed away from metastatic breast cancer and it definitely wasn't the news that I wanted to hear.  The good news is that it was caught very early!  Thank God for mammograms!  The doctor feels that it can be treated with a lumpectomy and in the worst case scenario a mastectomy.  He won't know until he actually goes in to remove it.

It really made me think about my own mortality.  I am so grateful to be a Christian.  I know that no matter what happens the Lord is with me and that my home is waiting for me.  I long for the day when I get to see my mom again.  As always, the Lord's timing is amazing.  I just joined an online Bible study on the book An Untroubled Heart by Micca Campbell which will be led by Melissa Taylor.  Melissa's mother also passed away from cancer a couple of years ago and I immediately felt like this is the study I had been searching for.  There are even online small groups through Facebook!  I am so excited!  If you click on Melissa's link you can sign up as well.  All you need is the book and a Bible!

I have also been working on my Easter wreath for our front door.  So far it looks like this:


I am really hoping that it ends up looking like my inspiration for it which can be found here but using spring colored scraps and some Robin's eggs.  I will definitely post a picture when I am done.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!

Love,

Elyse