Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

I have had so much on my mind these last couple of days.  Life around our house has been....rough.

We had a rough weekend.  My husband and I decided to cancel our vow renewal because we had to pay an absurd amount of money to his attorney.  We have been raising his daughter (whom I do call my own) since she was 15 months old.  Since her mom came back into the picture a couple of years ago, we have been in and out of court.  The situation is completely heart-breaking.  I have an ex-husband and we get along really well.  It is hard for me to understand why some of the issues that come up between them arise, but I have to keep reminding myself that there IS good in this and that the Lord will work everything out.  I know how much I love my little girl and I can't even begin to imagine how much He loves her.

Back to the vow renewal - canceling was the right thing to do.  It made me sad to have to do it, but it was the only way we could afford to pay the huge attorney bill and not have to dip into our savings account.  You have no idea how much I was looking forward to it.  Everything was purchased and booked so to have to say goodbye to that dream gutted me!  Then Monday came and my husbands amazing boss offered to loan us the attorney money so that we could still have the vow renewal.  WHAT?!?!?!  That was all I could say when my hubby called to tell me.  Yes, doing the right thing is hard.  The reward is soooooo good.  The vow renewal is back on and I can't wait to show you the pictures!

Through this week I was blown away at how much I am loved.  When I needed a friend to cry with because I was so nervous about court the support I needed arrived immediately.  When I texted a couple of my friends that the vow renewal was off 3 girls planned a rustic-themed vow renewal at one of the local parks.  I am so blessed.  I lose sight of that everyday.  Ups and downs come all the time and I let them sway me and affect me way too much!  I just have to trust and have faith that all will be as it should be in this moment and in the future.  I don't know about you, but I am so tired of wasting my life worrying about tomorrow that I don't give today a chance.

If you're going through a hard time, let me know.  I'd love to be able to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm linking to the song that got me through a few rough days and I hope that it touches you too!


Love,

Elyse